The Olympia School District will host a series of free parent education workshops this year led by Candyce Lund Bollinger, a local parent educator for the past 35 years. We have shared these workshops in our district Spotlight on Success newsletter and will also be sending reminders in a variety of other communication tools, including social media and the district website.
Bollinger will present the following workshops from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Olympia Regional Learning Academy (ORLA), 2400 15th Ave. S.E., Olympia:
Elementary Parent Workshops (grades K-5)
- Tuesday, October 18 – Child Developmental Overview
- Tuesday, November 15 – Positive Discipline
- Tuesday, January 24 – Safety without Fear
- Tuesday, February 28 – Managing Technology
Middle/High School Parent Workshops (grades 6-12)
- Thursday, October 27 – Teen Developmental Overview
- Thursday, December 1 – Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Thursday, February 2 – Social Media
- Thursday, March 2 – Anxiety, Depression & Stress
- Thursday, March 30 – Teen Relationships/LGBTQ Topics
No registration is required for the workshops. Child care will not be provided.
Bollinger has been a parent educator at South Puget Sound Community College for 35 years and has done private parenting services for 30 years. She has done numerous workshops over the years throughout Thurston and Mason counties, including workshops in Olympia, Tumwater and North Thurston school districts. She is the mother of four children and has two grandchildren.