The deadline to register by mail or online to vote in the November 8, 2016 General Election is October 10. All registrations, as well as any changes to existing voter information for those already registered in Washington state, must be postmarked by this date.
The Olympia School District does not have any measures or candidates on this election ballot; however, the district regularly reminds voters of upcoming elections and registration deadlines.
To register to vote in Thurston County, applicants must be:
- At least 18 years old by Election Day.
- A United States citizen and legal Washington state resident.
- Not under the authority of the Department of Corrections.
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order.
Register by mail
Voter registration forms are available at public libraries, staffed fire stations in unincorporated Thurston County, city clerks’ offices, most state offices and the Thurston County Elections Division.
Forms may also be accessed on the Internet or by calling the Thurston County Elections Division at (360) 786-5408.
If registering by mail and it is the first time registering to vote in Thurston County, applicants must list on the form a Washington state driver’s license or the last four digits of their Social Security number.
It is easy to register online. A valid Washington state driver’s license or Washington state-issued identification card is required to register online.
Register in person
Thurston County residents not yet registered to vote in Washington who miss the October 10 mail-in or online deadline may register in person from October 11 through October 31.
In-person voter registration is done at the Thurston County Elections Division, 2000 Lakeridge Dr. S.W., Bldg. 1 Rm. 118, Olympia, WA 98502. The Elections Division is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday except on the first Friday of the month when the office opens at 9 a.m.
Elections information may also be accessed through “MyVote,” available by signing up online.
- Register to vote or update voter registration with changes such as address or name.
- Locate the closest ballot drop box and get driving directions.
- View a sample of the current election ballot.
- View a list of federal, state and county representatives and access contact information for elected officials.