Do you maintain a professional social media account on behalf of the Olympia School District? Did you know that all district social media accounts need to be archived?
The district has contracted with a third-party archival company named ArchiveSocial to archive all content on district social media accounts. With ArchiveSocial, all records associated with district social media accounts can be easily reproduced and are accessible.
Below is the process to be followed for all district employees wishing to create a professional social media account/page, which represents the district, their school, school group, team, club or individuals within the schools or programs.
Social Media Account Creation & Archiving Process
- Employee notifies building administrator or department head.
- Employee contacts Communications & Community Relations Department for further instructions.
- Communications Department shares relevant Policy 4007, Procedure 4007P, and Social Media Best Practices with employee.
- Employee creates social media account(s) using their district email address.
- Employee emails email@example.com with the account type(s) (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube), name of the account, link to the account and email address associated with that account.
- Communications Department sends a connection request via ArchiveSocial to add the account to the archive portal.
- Employee receives email from ArchiveSocial and follows a few quick steps to connect the account.
If you already maintain a district social media account/page and are not signed up for archiving, please contact Communications & Community Relations at (360) 596-6103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.