The Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) Education & Outreach team will provide the following webinars January 16–18:
- 8:30 a.m. – Returning to work after retirement
- 11 a.m. – Getting ready for retirement (within two years)
- 1 p.m. – Distributions from Plan 3 (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- 8:30 a.m. – Plan 2 (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- 11:30 a.m. – Plan 3 (PERS, SERS, TRS)
- 3:30 p.m. – Applying for retirement (a tutorial for the online application)
- 8:30 a.m. – Benefit payment options
- 2:30 p.m. – Washington State Deferred Compensation Program
- 4 p.m. – Plan choice (PERS, SERS, TRS)
Additional webinars are offered on the online DRS webinar schedule. If you plan to attend a webinar, we recommend you join about 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the webinar so you can check your connection and sound. If you are having connection or sound problems, please call (360) 664-7005.
DRS updates the webinar schedule every 3-4 months. Select this link if you would like to be notified when the DRS webinar schedule page is updated. If unable to attend any of the webinars listed, many of the topics are covered by viewing an online seminar video.
This is also a reminder that some members of PERS, SERS and TRS Plan 2 have an option to transfer to Plan 3 this month (January). If you have the option to transfer, we encourage you to attend the Plan Choice webinar on Thursday, January 18 at 4 pm.
Learn more about who qualifies to transfer from Plan 2 to Plan 3 on the DRS website.
The Department of Retirement Systems Education and Outreach also provides one-on-one assistance at its agency in Tumwater. Employees may visit the office and meet with a Retirement Specialist anytime during normal business hours. No appointment is necessary — employees may just walk in. If unable to visit the office, please call 1-800-547-6657 (the agency Skypes if requested). If an employee is within a year of retirement, DRS recommends they request an Official Benefit Estimate before they meet with a Specialist. This can be done online at www.drs.wa.gov/oaa or by phone.