Think about the last time one of your colleagues made a difference in the life of a student, a parent, a volunteer, a fellow staff member, or a community member. This happens every day in our district in every school and in every department/support building.
We want to share your stories among all employees in this staff blog as an ongoing regular blog post to celebrate our OSD Everyday Heroes!
Please take a few moments to give a shout-out to an employee in any school or department who has done something you feel is deserving of encouragement and praise.
The process is simple:
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write Everyday Heroes in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.
We can’t wait to hear about all of our Everyday Heroes, because we know that every day our bus drivers, child nutrition staff, custodial employees, teachers, paraeducators, school and district office staff, and others are doing amazing work on behalf of students.