We invite all employees districtwide to let us know about a colleague in any school or department who has done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Here is this week’s honoree!
Everyday Hero Rachele Chertok
Preschool Teacher, Hansen Elementary School
“Rachele, thank you for stepping in to help calm a child getting on my school bus who was having a difficult day. The child’s teacher was not present and, although not one of your own students, you did what you could to try and calm the student. I know you had a meeting to attend, but you stayed and assisted.”
Submitted by: Robert Aaron
Nominate a new Everyday Hero
The process is simple:
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write Everyday Heroes in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog and archived each week.
We can’t wait to hear about all of our Everyday Heroes, because we know that every day our bus drivers, child nutrition staff, custodial employees, teachers, paraeducators, school and district office staff, and others are doing amazing work on behalf of students.