The Olympia School District is accepting nominations through Thursday, February 15, for one or more staff members to be honored as OSD Teacher of the Year.
The program recognizes the work of teachers who have made a positive difference in their profession. Any Washington public school teacher who has a current certificate and works directly with students for at least 50 percent of his/her time is eligible to be nominated.
Please complete the online nomination form and submit by 4 p.m. on Thursday, February 15, 2018. A committee will review the applications and select the individual(s) to be recognized based on who best exemplifies the following Teacher of the Year criteria (please include examples of the following in your nomination):
- The teacher has the respect and admiration of their colleagues;
- The teacher is an expert in their field who guides students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve excellence;
- The teacher collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a school culture of respect and success;
- The teacher deliberately connects the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large;
- The teacher demonstrates leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning;
- The teacher expresses themselves in an engaging and articulate way.
The individual(s) chosen will be eligible to be considered for the regional Teacher of the Year selection process. The winner at that level advances to the state Teacher of the Year selection process.