We invite all employees districtwide to let us know about a colleague in any school or department who has done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Here are this week’s honorees!
Everyday Hero Bryan Keister
Algebra and Geometry Teacher, Capital High School
“Thank you, Bryan, for your strident love of mathematics and mathematical rigor. You make a strong team stronger by focusing on the leading edge of possibility and challenge. You are an everyday hero when you ask the world of your students, and then help them deliver through their own strength.”
Submitted by: Louis Avden
Everyday Hero Candi Koch
Behavior Technician, McLane Elementary School
“I am writing about Candi Koch, behavior tech at McLane Elementary. She is amazing! Candi goes above and beyond what her job duties are. She always has a smile on her face. The students adore her! She really is a hero at McLane!!!”
Submitted by: Amy Long
Nominate a new Everyday Hero
The process is simple:
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write Everyday Heroes in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog and archived each week.
We can’t wait to hear about all of our Everyday Heroes, because we know that every day our bus drivers, child nutrition staff, custodial employees, teachers, paraeducators, school and district office staff, and others are doing amazing work on behalf of students.