Look around you. Everyday Heroes are working in our schools daily. They are food service workers, bus drivers, teachers, office staff, maintenance workers, custodial staff and more. Remember to give a shout out to one of your colleagues for a job well done at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is this week’s honoree:
Kristin Costello, Leadership and English Teacher, Olympia High School
“I’ve had the unique opportunity and pleasure to team teach Leadership with Kristin this school year. I say team teach, but really it is more me standing back in awe watching Kristin inspire our OHS leadership kids. She is involved in almost every aspect of our student life here and she takes great pride in her work. Our school thrives because Kristin makes things happen around here. I’m very happy to call her my colleague and friend. Thank you Kristin for being such a force for a positive and fun culture here at Olympia High School.”
Submitted by Mark Zarate
It only takes minutes to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write Everyday Heroes in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
What are you waiting for? Send some praise about a colleague today to appear in a future Here’s the Scoop employee blog.