The Olympia School District Communications department was honored this past week with two “Best in Category” awards by the Washington School Public Relations Association (WSPRA). This award goes to the highest scoring district in Washington state.
Our communications team also came away with multiple “Awards of Excellence” and “Awards of Merit”. The judging for the awards was handled by the Ohio School Public Relations Association (OHSPRA) membership base. Here are the pieces which were recognized by WSPRA:
Best in Category
- Marketing – OSD “Here’s the Scoop” Staff Blog
- Website/Blog – New Olympia School District Website (launched October 2018)
Award of Excellence
- Special Purpose Publication – 2018 Technology & Safety Levy Mailer
- Video – 2018 OSD Technology & Safety Levy
- Calendar – 2018 Olympia School District Calendar
Award of Merit
- Annual Report – Olympia School District Annual Report
- E-Newsletter – Olympia School District “Spotlight on Success”
The new Olympia School District website, which uses the SchoolMessenger website platform, not only received a “Best in Category” award from WSPRA, but was also the featured “award winning website” in SchoolMessenger’s April newsletter, which is distributed nationwide.
Communications and Community Relations Director Susan Gifford, Communications Coordinator Conor Schober and Communications Assistant Kim Doherty were present at the awards ceremony to accept the awards on behalf of the OSD. Schober also received recognition for his service the past three years as vice president of communications on the WSPRA Board.
WSPRA is a professional organization that works to promote communication in public school districts across Washington state. It strives to be Washington state’s leader in school-community relations.