Thank you to all who continue to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Remember to give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our latest honoree:
Michelle Maurer, paraeducator, Garfield Elementary
“Our heartfelt gratitude to our dedicated Paraeducator Michelle Maurer at Garfield Elementary — a constant on our Kindergarten Team for over 17 years. Michelle daily teaches the High level Small Group Reading students (achieving First-Grade level reading by May). She also supervises playground and lunch duties and works on Intervention. Michelle provides structure, stability and high expectations for our students. Her smile and compassion brighten our days!”
Submitted by Tara Otonicar-Mock
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write Everyday Heroes in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.