Thank you to all who continue to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Remember to give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our latest honoree:
Todd Thornton, Custodian, Roosevelt Elementary
“Todd, you are a rock star custodian! You keep our building clean, neat, and in excellent repair. Every day you come to work with a positive attitude. Whenever we need something, our requests are met with a smile and a timely response. While you already have more than enough work to do, you frequently go above and beyond your expected duties, often anticipating our needs and taking care of things before we even ask! You look out for everyone in the building, including students and staff. Our building has never looked so good, and the credit for that goes to you and your custodial staff. Thank you for working so hard for our school and doing such a great job. You are an important part of what makes Roosevelt such a great place to be.”
Submitted by Jean Schuna
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write Everyday Heroes in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.