Do you maintain or wish to open a professional social media account on behalf of the Olympia School District? Social media is a great way to share information and increase engagement in your school or activity.
Please follow the process outlined below to ensure you are in compliance with district policy when using social media on behalf of the OSD.
Social Media Account Creation & Archiving Process
- Employee notifies building administrator or department head.
- Employee contacts Communications & Community Relations Department for further instructions at email@example.com or (360) 596-6103
- Communications Department shares relevant Policy 4007, Procedure 4007P, and Social Media Best Practices with employee.
- Employee creates social media account(s) using their district email address.
- Employee emails firstname.lastname@example.org with the account type(s) (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube), name of the account, link to the account and email address associated with that account.
- Communications Department sends a connection request via ArchiveSocial to add the account to the archive portal.
- Employee receives email from ArchiveSocial and follows a few quick steps to connect the account.
If you already maintain a district social media account/page and are not signed up for archiving, or if you need assistance with setting up an account, please contact Communications & Community Relations at (360) 596-6103 or by email at email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.