As we start our new year, remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Tricia Kelley, Acccounting Supervisor, Business Office
“I’ve had the pleasure of working with Tricia since the Fall of 2012 beginning in Teaching & Learning and continues with positions she’s held in the Business Office. Tricia, I admire your dedication to the Olympia School District and its staff. I have witnessed you go above and beyond in each and every position you’ve held just since I became an employee. You have worked at the building level, district level curriculum, district level accounting and training, who can say that!! The knowledge you share with others is invaluable. Your knowledge, support and dedication shine. Each and every staff member requesting help are treated with the upmost respect and professionalism. It’s time that you be honored for all you have given over your 20ish years for Olympia School District. On behalf of myself and Office Professionals across the District, I applaud and thank you!”
Submitted by Marjorie Jenne, Technology Department
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write Everyday Heroes in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.
We can’t wait to hear about all of our Everyday Heroes, because we know that every day our bus drivers, child nutrition staff, custodial employees, teachers, paraeducators, school and district office staff, and others are doing amazing work on behalf of students.