The following is shared by the district Business Department:
We have exciting news! We have launched a new web-based travel authorization form to replace the fillable PDF form previously used to pre-authorize travel outside of Thurston County. We heard from many of you about the complexity of the PDF form and download steps. In response, our OSD technology programmers in cooperation with TreeNo have developed a web-based form that automates the travel authorization process. The new Web-based travel form is located on the OSD staff Intranet. Once logged in, select Forms, then Online Forms and select OSD District Forms Travel Request Form.
Here are the changes effective 9/1/2018:
- New web-based form is available via a link on the OSD Intranet Forms page.
- New form allows multiple attendees to submit on 1 form (up to 6 attendees).
- New form autofills name, email and work location, as well as travel expenditure rates.
- New form does not require download. Simply complete the form via the website and submit.
- If funding is provided from an alternative funding source (which is not your building), make sure to select the alternative funding source on the website form for routing and approval.
Remember: Travel for similar activities/meetings can be combined on 1 (ONE) authorization form by listing a date range! Travel authorization is required prior to travel outside of Thurston County only.
Effective November 1, 2018 the PDF form will no longer work. Please use the web-based form. However if you have already submitted a PDF version for travel authorization, we will still process these via the old method until November 1, 2018.
If you need assistance please contact Business Services by emailing email@example.com. Be sure to include the best method and time to contact you so we can assist with you questions and concerns.