Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Matt Graffagnino, substitute custodian, Support Service Center
I just wanted you to know how much we really appreciate having you at our school. Your presence is always so positive; you always put our students and faculty first and not to mention your work spaces always look amazing!
However, this afternoon we saw a different side of you — the softer side of Matt G! A student got injured walking to school and you found him outside a building, laying on the ground and trying not to cry. You were able to assess the student’s needs, get help for him, find him a safe and dry place to be and then you stayed with him, comforting him when he was visibly upset.
It is this thoughtfulness and student first care that makes you stand out. We will all be so happy to have you back full time at OHS and part of our FamOly, and I just thought everyone else should know how great he is!
Submitted by Matt Grant, Olympia HS Principal
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.