Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
Devin Guy, grounds crew employee, and Matt Graffagnino, substitute custodian, Support Service Center
I just wanted to send this in regards to the wind storm last weekend (December): I had received a call that a tree had fallen at Washington Middle School. On arrival, Devin Guy and Matt Graffagnino, the sub custodian, were working diligently to cut and remove the tree to unblock the driveway. It was after hours and stormy on a Saturday. They both worked above and beyond their scope and did it safely and organized. It was a pleasure to work with both of them that night.
Submitted by Paul Sierra, HVAC Technician, Support Service Center
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.