Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Heather Gajkowski, Behavior Technician, Roosevelt ES
I really appreciate the way Heather has jumped into her new role this year with both feet running and a HUGE smile! Not only does she brighten the lives of our students, she brightens my life as well. As our behavior tech she is constantly looking for innovative ways to support our students and is ready to tackle any challenge. She is a true partner in responding to the needs of our students and her heart is big enough to stretch around all of our students, and staff as well. I am very grateful for her leadership in our building.
Submitted by Ruth Middlebrook, Administrative Intern and School Counselor/Psychologist, Roosevelt ES
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.