This time of year is always full of school events and activities. Below is a summary of many of those events scheduled this week and into early March.
We want staff to be aware of these dates, some of which were rescheduled from the days when schools were closed due to snow, in the event families ask for information.
Each item links to information posted on the district website.
- Optional Middle School Program Nights: Tuesday, February 26 at Jefferson Middle School and Thursday, February 28 at Reeves Middle School, both starting at 6:30 p.m. Read more on the district website.
- Countdown to Kindergarten: Saturday, March 2, 10-11:30 a.m., Capital High School. Read more on the district website. Note that kindergarten registration for the 2019-20 school year begins on Monday, March 4.
- OSD Health Care Career Fair, Saturday, March 2, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Olympia High School Commons. Read more on the district website.
- Committee to study calendar and school start times: Tuesday, March 5, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Knox Administrative Center Board Room. Anyone interested in serving on the committee is encouraged to attend this first committee meeting on March 5 or contact Olympia School Board Vice President and committee facilitator Scott Clifthorne. Please email Clifthorne at an OSD email set-up for this committee work at CAC-SchoolYear@osd.wednet.edu. Read more on the district website.
- Screenagers: Growing Up in the Digital Age: Thursday, March 7, 5:30 p.m., Olympia High School Performing Arts Center. Read more on the district website.
- Building Blocks for Success (events promoting kindergarten readiness for families with children ages 4-5): March 4, March 25, and April 15, 6-7:30 p.m., Garfield Elementary School. Read more on the district website.
You must be logged in to post a comment.