Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Stacy Sharp, ASB Secretary, Capital High School
During a dance competition last month at Capital High School, a gentleman who accompanied the mother of one of the dancers from a school in King County collapsed due to a major medical emergency. As medics treated the individual, ASB Secretary Stacy Sharp comforted the dancer’s mother. Stacy drove the woman to the hospital behind the ambulance, stayed with her for hours until her family arrived, and has since kept in touch with the family. Stacy went above and beyond in providing assistance and compassion to this family. Thank you, Stacy!
Submitted by Curtis Cleveringa, Principal, Capital High School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.