Who are our two newest Everyday Heroes?

Everyday Heroes Logo with the words: Celebrating OSD EmployeesEveryday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.

Here are our newest honorees:

Everyday Hero
Doug Bogden, Helpdesk Technician, Technology Department

A shout out to Doug who replaced my hard drive, organized my folders, added my printers and made my computer run a lot faster. It makes my job so much easier!
Submitted by Pam Tebeau, Transition Program Coordinator, Student Support

Everyday Hero
Darlene Fuller, Executive Assistant, Elementary Education

Recently I was reminded of what an extraordinary asset, and person, that Darlene (Dar) Fuller is to the Olympia School District family. The event that brought this to mind was the District’s annual ‘Countdown to Kindergarten’ event, in which Dar is deeply involved. She is the first person setting up and the last person out of the building, all the while answering questions to new families and pointing folks in the right direction. Dar does this with a smile, and her unmistakable laugh, that just can’t help but put a smile on your face.

This is who Dar is…someone who cares deeply for our students and our families and always has their best interest in mind. Taking care of kids will always be the priority for Dar, and that’s as it should be. For as long as I’ve worked here I have always known that if something ever came up that I didn’t have an answer for, I could always go to Dar. Usually, she knows the answer off the top of her head because of her depth of institutional knowledge. If not, then she knows who to contact so you get your answer.

I can’t say enough about how much I appreciate Dar and the work that she does every day. We are a better district because of her. Thank you for all you do Dar!
Submitted by Conor Schober, Community Relations Coordinator, Communications and Community Relations

How to nominate an Everyday Hero

• Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (communications@osd.wednet.edu) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
  • Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
  • Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
  • Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
  • Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.

All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.