Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
Kim Swanson, Counselor and School Psychologist, McLane Elementary School
McLane’s Everyday Hero is Kim Swanson. McLane had a child who recently suffered the sudden loss of a parent. Kim dealt with the family and child in a kind, compassionate, and thoughtful manner. She has worked with the family on grief counseling by finding services within the community. She immediately communicated necessary information with staff. She continues to meet with the student daily to see how she is coping. Thank you, Kim Swanson, for all you do!
Submitted by Monica West, Principal, McLane Elementary School and Renee James-Burney, Administrative Intern
Alicia Snyder, Administrative Assistant, Child Nutrition Services
It is not an exaggeration when I say that Alicia Snyder is always positive, encouraging, and thoughtful. Her professionalism is unwavering and inspirational.
Alicia, you are an excellent role model for what outstanding customer service should look like and I am proud to work with you. Thank you!
Submitted by Tricia Nicholas, Capital Projects Finance Coordinator/Facility Use Supervision, Capital Planning and Construction
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.