Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Austen Anderson, Kindergarten Teacher, Hansen Elementary School
We would like to recognize Kindergarten Teacher, Austen Anderson, at Hansen Elementary as an Everyday Hero! Austen is an amazing teacher who achieves amazing results in his classroom no matter the challenge he is faced with. Austen has repeatedly volunteered to take on some of the greatest challenges that have come through our doors.
From the first month of school we are consistently amazed to see his entire class (of kindergartners) walk silently thru the halls. He is loved by his students and their parents, as well as our staff. His reputation rightly is one of excellence!
Thank you, Austen, for your continued effort to make Hansen a place where students can learn to Be Safe, Be Kind, and Be Free to Learn.
Submitted by Barbara Parker and Leilani Stewart, Administrative Assistants, Hansen Elementary School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.