Thurston County residents may register to vote online, by mail or in-person at the Thurston County Auditor’s Office for the November 5, 2019 General Election.
There are three Olympia School Board seats on this election ballot. There are two candidates vying for the District 1 seat: Maria Flores and Heath Howerton.
There are two other board seats that will be on the November General Election ballot. The candidates for both of those seats are running unopposed. Justin McKaughan is vying for the District 2 seat that will be vacated by Director Joellen Wilhelm, and Hilary Seidel is running for re-election to the District 4 position, which she has held the past two years.
The last day to file a write-in candidacy with no filing fee is October 18, 2019. Military ballots will be mailed on September 20, and local ballots will be mailed October 16.
Following are voter registration deadlines for the upcoming General Election:
- October 28, 2019: Deadline to register to vote online, by mail or by voter registration drive. Note: Online voter registration services across the state will be unavailable from Thursday, August 30 through Monday, September 3 as part of a Department of Licensing database upgrade. Online voter registration resumes on September 4.
- November 5, 2019: You may register to vote in person and update your voter registration address up until 8 p.m. on Election Day November 5. In-person voter registration is done at the Thurston County Elections Division, 2000 Lakeridge Dr. S.W., Bldg. 1, Rm. 118 in Olympia.
To register to vote you must be:
- A citizen of the United States.
- Residing at your current address for a minimum of 30 days before Election Day.
- A legal resident of Washington state.
- At least 18 years old by Election Day.
For additional voter registration information, visit the Thurston County Auditor’s Office Elections Division webpage.
You must be logged in to post a comment.