Below is a copy of an email message sent on Monday, September 9 to all employees regarding time-sensitive benefit information.
Limited Open Enrollment for your WEA medical, dental and vision plans starts soon!
WEA Select Plans is holding a ‘Limited Open Enrollment,’ which starts tomorrow, September 10, 2019. Open enrollment will continue through September 19, 2019. The WEA Select Plans typically renew on November 1 of each year, but plans were extended two months through December 2019 to align with SEBB start-up, creating a 14-month plan year. Federal rules stipulate that employees must be given the opportunity to make changes every 12 months. As a result, the WEA Select Plans will hold a limited open enrollment so employees can make changes to medical, dental and vision plans.
- Limited Open Enrollment will be Tuesday, September 10 – Thursday, September 19, 2019.
- Employees who would like to make a change must CALL the WEA Select Benefits Center at (855) 668-5039.
- Participants will NOT be able to make changes using UPoint.
- Employees will be allowed to:
- Newly elect medical.
- Drop medical coverage.
- Add/drop dependent(s) – Newly added dependents will not be subject to the dependent eligibility verification process.
- Change plans – Please keep in mind that employees who change plans may have an additional deductible(s), out-of-pocket maximum(s) and could be subject to other specific plan requirements such as prior authorizations, etc.
- There are no changes to rates or benefits.
- Changes will be effective November 1 through December 31, 2019.
- Notices, including Notice of Creditable Coverage (Medicare), Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) Availability Notice, and HIPAA Privacy Notice, were mailed starting August 26, 2019.
- There is no action needed upon receiving these notices.
No action is needed unless an employee would like to make a change. If an employee would like to make a change, he/she must call the WEA Select Benefits Center. WEA Select Benefits Center Customer Care Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. to answer employees’ questions regarding Limited Open Enrollment.
If you have further questions, please email the OSD payroll office at email@example.com
Assistant Superintendent of Finance and Capital Projects