Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Karen Pena, Head Custodian at Lincoln Options
As a staff, we at Lincoln Options nominate Karen Pena for the Everyday Hero Award. Karen consistently goes above and beyond her duties as a custodian. She not only keeps Lincoln clean, safe and beautiful, but she decorates the cafeteria making it welcoming to students, staff and families. Additionally, Karen actively participates is school festival and events, developing strong connections with both the adult and student community at Lincoln. Karen manages “surplus” in a very proactive way, moving unneeded furniture quickly out of the building and making special effort to search for the furniture that is needed. She helps everywhere and everyone with a warm smile and big heart! Karen is friendly and willing to take on any task. We are grateful to have her at Lincoln.
Submitted by Lincoln Options Staff
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.