Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Amy Long, Paraeducator, McLane Elementary School
We at McLane are so extremely lucky to have Amy Long on our staff. She began her journey here as a parent, a PTSO member and a huge contributor of all things creative. Over the years she has made many posters, decorations, communication boards and, most recently, a large tree in our main hall to collect “Owl Feathers” (our schoolwide reinforcer of PBIS) for an all school reward. Her talents are amazing, her dedication to the students and staff is immeasurable, and her energy that radiates all around the school is incredible.
Thank you, Amy, for all you do and for being awesome! I appreciate you!
Submitted by Candi Koch, Behavior Technician, McLane Elementary School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.