Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
Vlatko Zlatanov, Head Custodian, Madison ES/Avanti HS
As a staff, we at Madison would like to nominate Vlatko Zlatanov. Vlatko consistently goes above and beyond to help keep Madison clean, safe and looking spectacular. He never hesitates to help in any way he can. Vlatko greets every person with a smile and a warm hello each and every day. He is an incredibly rare gem and we are so grateful to have him at Madison!
Submitted by Madison Elementary School staff
Amy McGuire, Payroll and Benefits Specialist, Payroll Department
Amy McGuire in the Payroll office certainly is deserving of the Everyday Hero Award for having to help all of us figure out how to understand our new benefits system. She always has a positive outlook, keeps a smile on her face and is answering the same question 2,000 times a day. While she has little control over the outside situation, she’s been successful at helping all of us navigate this mess. Thank you, Amy, for your continuous support!
Submitted by Michelle Anderson, Assistant Principal/Construction Manager, Capital High School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.