Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Mark Hoy, Bus Driver, Transportation
Mark, I want to publicly recognize and thank you for the amazing job you do every day driving one of our DLC buses! If an adult isn’t at your bus to bring in your student, you walk him into the cafeteria to ensure he gets his breakfast and knows where he is going. When you do, you always greet everyone with a huge smile and a cheery “Good Morning!” — brightening everyone’s day who has the chance to see you. You are also so kind and caring with your student, and it is clear you love what you do. Thank you so much, and keep up the great work!
Submitted by Condee Wood, Principal, Marshall Middle School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.