The Olympia School District is accepting nominations through Wednesday, February 12, for one or more staff members to be honored as OSD Teacher of the Year.
The program recognizes the work of teachers who have made a positive difference in their profession. Any Washington public school teacher who has a current certificate, works directly with students for at least 50 percent of their time, has not already been recognized as a Regional or State Teacher of the Year, and plans to continue teaching through the 2021-22 school year, is eligible to be nominated.
Please complete the online nomination form and submit by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, February 12, 2020. A committee will review the applications and select the individual(s) to be recognized based on who best exemplifies the following Teacher of the Year criteria (please include examples of the following in your nomination):
- The teacher has the respect of their community;
- The teacher is knowledgeable in their field and guides students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve excellence;
- The teacher collaborates with colleagues, students and families to create a school culture of respect and success;
- The teacher deliberately connects the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large;
- The teacher demonstrates leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning;
- The teacher expresses themselves in an engaging and effective way.
The individual(s) chosen will be eligible to be considered for the regional Teacher of the Year selection process. The winner at that level advances to the state Teacher of the Year selection process.
Complete the OSD Teacher of the Year online nomination form