Congratulations to our newest Everyday Hero; tell us who we should feature next!

Everyday Heroes Logo with the words: Celebrating OSD EmployeesEveryday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.

Here is our newest honoree:

Everyday Hero
Britney Martin, Administrative Professional, McKenny Elementary School

I would like to nominate Britney Martin, an administrative professional at McKenny Elementary as an Everyday Hero! As a new itinerant staff member, no one made me feel more welcome to their building than Britney! She had keys ready to go on the first day and a welcome card in my box, and even now, when I come to her with a question, no matter how insightful or silly, she will always take a moment to help me, from emailing technology or looking up a roster, to helping me with mundane tasks that I should know the answer to but don’t yet. I never feel silly for asking, and I always feel like I am an important staff member and welcome at McKenny. She’s also taught me just how much a building’s culture starts with the first smile you see — and it’s great to get a happy hello first thing in the morning!
Submitted by Stacey Burns, Music Teacher, McKenny, McLane and Pioneer elementary schools

How to nominate an Everyday Hero

• Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (communications@osd.wednet.edu) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
  • Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
  • Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
  • Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
  • Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.

All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.