Now more than ever, let’s hear about all of our Everyday Heroes around the district. Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Julie Gibbs, Kindergarten Teacher, Madison Elementary School
I would like to nominate Julie Gibbs as an everyday hero. Julie is like the HEART of Madison. She helps bring the staff together. She celebrates our successes and consoles those who are having a hard time. She reaches out to staff members with compassion. If you notice something sweet and anonymous has happened at Madison, you will often find Julie secretly working in the background. Julie’s kindness and generosity make Madison a better place.
Submitted by Lisa Estcourt, Reading Intervention Teacher, Madison Elementary School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.