Now more than ever, let’s hear about all of our Everyday Heroes around the district. Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
OSD Teachers, Principals and Child Nutrition Services Employees
I’d like to nominate ALL our OSD teachers, principals and Child Nutrition Services for Everyday HERO! These past few months have been a whirlwind of learning how to teach our students online. I want to say you have all done amazing. I am proud of all the hard work and dedication you have all put in to support our students. I’m shouting whoop whoop to you all!
Submitted by Amy Long, Paraducator, McLane Elementary School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.