Registration is open for staff interested in participating in the OSD Teacher Webpage Training and/or OSD Social Media Workshop. Staff may use Tech PD for these virtual training opportunities.
OSD Teacher Webpage Training
This virtual training is for OSD teachers interested in creating, editing and curating content for a teacher website on their school webpage.
We have one new Zoom Teacher Webpage training scheduled on Wednesday, September 23 from 5-7 p.m. Details with the necessary Zoom information is in PDEnroller. Please sign up for this training in PDEnroller prior to its start so everything is properly set up for each user. Should you need additional information, contact Conor Schober at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OSD Teacher Webpage Training: Wednesday, September 23 from 5-7 p.m
OSD Social Media Workshop
Is your school officially represented on social media? If not, let’s fix that!
A Social Media Workshop is scheduled online for Thursday, September 24 from 5-6 p.m.
In the ever-changing world of social media, it can be daunting when considering what social media platforms to choose to best reach your families. Don’t be dismayed, it’s really quite simple and unquestionably worth your time and effort.
Give us an hour of your time and come sit down as we delve into the following “Social Media Tips” when managing a school or district-related social media account:
- Why do we need to promote our school? We’re doing fine!
- Getting approval from your Administrator
- How to select the social media platform to best reach your audience
- Setting up your accounts (using district email)
- Checking student permissions (when publishing students names/photos)
- How to best promote your new social media account
- Frequency of posting: Creating a social media calendar
- Creating engagement: Like, Follow and Share
- How to produce consistent, easily digestible content
- Finding your “voice” and “tone”
Our hope is that by the time this workshop wraps up you will feel much more comfortable opening up a social media account that represents your school community. This includes accounts for a school, athletic team, club, program or classroom. You will be amazed at the number of families you reach that were not previously reached through your school website (or teacher page), robocalls, newsletters, email and flyers.
With a consistent posting schedule, your engagement will soar. You will have a brand new way to communicate with students, families and our community which prioritizes content pushed out through social media. There are so many great stories to tell throughout our district, don’t be afraid of using this unique outlet to bring yours to the forefront!
Details with the necessary Zoom information is in PDEnroller. Please sign up for this training in PDEnroller prior to its start so everything is properly set up for each user. Should you need additional information, contact Conor Schober at email@example.com.
- OSD Social Media Workshop: Thursday, September 24 from 5-6 p.m.