Now more than ever, let’s hear about all of our Everyday Heroes around the district. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
All Staff Supporting DLC and Life Skills Programs
I have to nominate the extraordinary heroes and recognize the staff teaching and supporting in-person learning at our district level programs. It is not every day that a person volunteers to come back during a pandemic and help the students most in need of in-person education. I have to commend each and every person who has stepped up and offered their skills and their patience as the first staff to return under new and uncertain times.
To quote Shannon L. Alder, “Heroes are not made. They are born out of circumstances and rise to the occasion when their spirit can no longer coexist with the hypocrisy of injustice to others.”
Such circumstances we find ourselves in, and your service cannot be understated. You have my deepest respect and gratitude.
Submitted by Denise Hammer, Social Services Coordinator, Madison and Boston Harbor ES
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.
You must be logged in to post a comment.