Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Denise Hammer, Counselor, Madison Elementary School
I would like to nominate an Everyday SuperHero. While I feel that everyone in every department of the Olympia School District should receive an award, as everyone has gone out of their way to help, advise and support all of the changes going on in the district; whether it is training on new/different ways of doing the same jobs in light of the every changing COVID world we live in, to just being a comforting ear to bend or shoulder to lean on; or teachers going out of their way to make the world a little better and familiar to their students. We are all in this together and we get through this.
That being said, as much as I would like to nominate all of my teachers and staff at Madison, I have noticed that our counselor, Denise Hammer, has been going out of her way to take Chromebooks, school supplies and even food and other needed items to some of our most at-risk students. Thank you Denise!
Submitted by Jodi Cox, Lead Secretary, Madison Elementary School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.