Below is a message from the OSD Payroll Office:
Each year you must enroll during annual open enrollment to continue Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) or the Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP), even if you are not changing your contribution amounts.
What you need to know about the Medical FSA and DCAP:
- Navia Benefit Solutions must receive your enrollment no later than November 23, 2020, for the 2021 plan year.
- You are not eligible to enroll in the Medical FSA for 2021 if you enroll in a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) with a health savings account (HSA) for 2021.
- You may enroll or continue in the DCAP if you enroll in an HDHP with an HSA.
The Medical FSA allows you to:
- Set aside pretax dollars from each paycheck to pay out-of-pocket eligible health care expenses for you and your qualified dependents, even if they are not enrolled in your SEBB health plan.
- You may set aside between $240 and $2,750 for 2021. The chosen amount will be deducted from your paycheck in equal installments.
- When you have qualified expenses, you may pay them either by using a Medical FSA debit card or by submitting claims for reimbursement to Navia Benefit Solutions.
The DCAP allows you to:
- Set aside pretax dollars for children under age 13, or other qualified dependents who are physically or mentally incapable of self-care and regularly spend at least eight hours each day in your household.
- You may set aside up to $5,000 per household ($2,500 each if married and filing separate tax returns). The chosen amount will be deducted from your paycheck in equal installments.
- When you incur child or elder care expenses, submit the claims for reimbursement.
Want to learn more about the Medical FSA and DCAP?
- Navia Benefit Solutions is offering two webinars during annual open enrollment:
- Call Navia Benefit Solutions at 1-800-669-3539 or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read enrollment guides, review lists of eligible expenses and watch a video on the Navia Benefits Solutions website.
How to enroll
Employees have two options:
- Enroll online through the Navia Benefit Solutions website during open enrollment. Instructions to enroll online are available on Navia Benefit Solutions forms page.
- Complete the 2021 Open Enrollment form. Send the form to the email address, mailing address, or fax number on the form. Navia Benefit Solutions must receive your enrollment no later than November 23, 2020.
For more information on SEBB’s Open Enrollment please visit Olympia’s School District Benefits page on the staff Intranet. To access the site, log in to the OSD Homepage, hover over Intranet, hover over Departments and select Payroll. If you need help or have questions please contact your Benefit Specialist Amy McGuire at SEBB@osd.wednet.edu.