Recognition of outstanding OSD colleagues continues with two new Everyday Heroes this week. Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
Alex Jacobson, Student and Family Support Specialist, McLane Elementary School
Alex has been a huge help in getting our Community Connections program up and running. She is dedicated and the kids love her! Thank you for all of your help, Alex! You are our hero, truly!
Submitted by Emily Hamilton, Teacher McLane ES
Heather Randolph, District EL Coordinator
I want to take a moment to thank Heather Randolph who is most certainly an everyday hero! She was able to coordinate with multiple schools to help students. This has made a huge difference in attendance and engagement, to connect these children with the support they needed.
Submitted by Chelsea Peterson, EL Specialist, English Teacher, Olympia HS
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.