Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Joan Moore, Teacher-Librarian, McLane Elementary School
Here at McLane, I would like to nominate JOAN MOORE, our school librarian. She has worked hard to connect with students. She has a Zoom book club, which is really cool. Students are checking out books via our webpage. She sits by the front door of the school at certain times so families can pick up books. When books are returned she has a process for them to be in quarantine. AND last week was MAP testing, oh ya she did it! She organized, solved tech issues, popped in and out of each classroom Zoom session, and supported teachers the whole week. Thank you Joan for what you do for the students and staff. Your hard work is noticed and appreciated! You rock!
Submitted by Amy Long, Paraeducator, McLane ES
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.