During the annual open enrollment, employees not enrolled in supplemental Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance have a one-time opportunity to enroll without providing evidence of good health.
LTD insurance replaces part of your income when you have a covered illness or injury. It helps with financial obligations that health insurance won’t cover, such as rent/mortgage, groceries, or other expenses. It also helps protect your savings, retirement, and overall financial health if you become disabled.
- Basic LTD insurance is employer-paid and offers a maximum benefit of $400 a month.
- Supplemental LTD insurance offers a maximum monthly benefit up to $10,000 based on your salary.
The advantages of enrolling in supplemental LTD insurance during open enrollment include:
- Online enrollment through SEBB My Account.
- No evidence of good health required when enrolling for the first time during 2020.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions will be provided under the Continuity of Coverage provision for employees who had prior LTD coverage through December 31, 2019.
The supplemental LTD coverage will be effective January 1, 2021, if you choose to enroll during annual open enrollment.
For more information, visit HCA’s website Long-term disability insurance webpage.
Visit HCA’s website for help logging in to SEBB My Account
Interested in other supplemental coverages that are offered by the district, please visit NW Benefit Advisors for cancer, short term disability and many more!
If you have any questions regarding open enrollment please email email@example.com