Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Mimi Arnett, English Language Teacher, Garfield Elementary School
I would like to nominate Mimi Arnett, Garfield’s fabulous ELL teacher for an everyday hero. Besides being in constant contact with our ELL students on a daily basis to see what they need, fill any gaps and assist in testing; her quick resolve saved our portable from a fire. Thankfully, the damage was minimal and isolated to the ramp walkway. Thank you Mimi for saving our Art Portable!!
Submitted by Office Manager Michell Orwig and Garfield ES staff
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.
You must be logged in to post a comment.