Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Jamie Sproul, Technology TOSA, Technology Department
I believe that Jamie Sproul is an Everyday Hero because she has helped me so many times this year with technology questions and problems. She responds quickly and has walked me through each technology problem I have asked for help with. My questions seem to have a common theme — the interface of my document camera with my computer, compounded with Zoom and Screencastify! Jamie has shown me how to do what I want to do, and has taught me with step-by-step instructions. There have been days when everything seems to crash at once and Jamie has responded quickly and got me up and running in time for my next class! Jamie handles my requests with grace and a smile on her face. She ensures that I feel comfortable with whatever problem we’ve been working on before she finishes. At times there have been challenges we couldn’t figure out in the moment, and Jamie researches an answer and gets back to me the same day. Jamie, you have a great “Customer Service” attitude and have given me confidence with the many new technology issues I have had this year. Thank You!
Submitted by Carol McKay, Teacher, Capital High School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.