Do you know a student who:
- Thinks up unusual ways to solve difficult problems?
- Generates and comprehends complex and abstract ideas?
- Exhibits feelings and opinions from multiple perspectives?
- Thinks logically and wants things to make sense?
- Prefers the company of intellectual peers?
- Is an expert who abstracts beyond the field?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, please consider referring that student for identification for highly capable services. Referrals may come from the community, teachers and/or parents/guardians. The referral window is open now for student identification for highly capable services and will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
Interested K-12 families are welcome to visit our Olympia School District’s Highly Capable Program webpage for complete information regarding identification and services as well as access to the referral forms. Hard copies of referral forms can be found at your student’s school building as well as the Knox Administrative Center, 111 Bethel St. N.E., Olympia. Curious what the steps for identification, and timeline, look like for this process? Details can be found here.
If you have questions, please contact the Highly Capable Program at: email@example.com.