Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here is our newest honoree:
Cara Barkis, Paraeducator, Capital HS
On Friday, May 21, as I was leaving the Capital High School parking lot, I observed Cara Barkis walking around the parked cars and the grass picking up trash. I rolled down my window and jokingly asked her if she was in trouble. Her comment back to me was “No….. I’m just tired of seeing all the trash around here.” What the world needs right now is more people like Cara. Thanks, Cara, for helping make Capital look better.
Submitted by Stacy Sharp, Fiscal Officer, Capital High School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.