Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
Cody Malone, Substitute Bus Driver, Transportation
On June 8, 2021, a substitute bus driver was on his way to Centennial Elementary when the school bus was involved in an accident with a vehicle. The substitute driver, Cody Malone, just began his employment with Olympia School District and finished driver training only recently. His professional action and primary concern for the students on his bus are why I am nominating him for this week’s Everyday Heroes. Cody’s calm reaction and attention to detail kept the situation from being any worse. Thankfully no one was injured on the bus.
Submitted by Robert Aaron, Bus Driver, Olympia School District Transportation Dept.
Katie Anderson, Accounts Payable, Business Office
I would like to recognize Katie Anderson in the Business Office. I had a project put on me at the end of the day Friday. I called Katie in a panic, and she calmly helped me through it. It was about 4:08 p.m. by the time we were done. I heard somebody say it’s 4 Katie and she said, I know…….. I will be done in a minute. Thank you Katie. 1 for your knowledge to help me, and 2 for the calm you brought to my storm.
Submitted by Stacy Sharp, School Fiscal Officer, Capital High School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.