Free grab-and-go sack lunches, as well as breakfast for the following day, will be available at selected school and community sites starting on the last day of school Tuesday, June 22, 2021.
Note: June 22 is a half day of school, so breakfast only (no lunch) will be served on OSD school campuses. Grab-and-go lunches will, however, be available after school is dismissed at the five schools listed below (Centennial, Garfield, Hansen and Roosevelt elementary schools, and Olympia Regional Learning Academy).
Youth 18 years old and younger, and any current OSD student older than 18, are eligible to pick up a grab-and-go meal. No identification is required in order to pick up a meal and no pre-order of a lunch is necessary.
The summer meal program will be held at the following sites:
- Centennial Elementary – 2637 45th Ave. S.E., Olympia 98501
- Garfield Elementary – 325 Plymouth St. N.W., Olympia 98502
- Hansen Elementary – 1919 Road Sixty-Five N.W., Olympia 98502
- Roosevelt Elementary -1417 San Francisco St. N.E., Olympia 98506
- Olympia Regional Learning Academy – 2400 15th Ave. S.E., Olympia 98501
- Ashwood Downs Apartments – 1900 Ashwood Downs Lane S.E., Olympia 98501 (off of 18th Avenue S.E. and Hoffman Road S.E.)
- Evergreen Vista Apartments -1209 Fern St. S.W., Olympia, 98502
- The VFW Post 318 parking lot (across from Aztec Lanes) – 2902 Martin Way E., Olympia, 98506
Summer meals will be distributed from 12 noon to 12:30 p.m. on all weekdays except on July 5. 2021. No meals will be served on this day in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
2021-22 School Year
The Olympia School District will continue to offer free meals to all children through the 2021-22 school year as part of an extension of a federal program by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Schools throughout the country can provide children with continued access to free meals through June 30, 2022, regardless of families’ ability to pay. The continuation of the program, which was first implemented at the beginning of the pandemic, is part of the federal government’s plan to reopen schools safely.
Families are still encouraged to complete an application for free or reduced lunches, as eligibility for free or reduced lunches could possibly lead to future benefits.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
View the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement on the OSD website.