Registration is open for staff interested in participating in the OSD Social Media Workshop and/or the Teacher Webpage and Web Editor Training.
OSD Social Media Workshop
- Monday, August 30 from 4-5 p.m. – Sign up in PDEnroller
- Thursday, September 2 from 1-2 p.m. – Sign up in PDEnroller
Is your school officially represented on social media? If not, let’s fix that!
In the ever-changing world of social media, it can be daunting when considering what social media platforms to choose to best reach your families. Don’t be dismayed, it’s really quite simple and unquestionably worth your time and effort.
Give us an hour of your time and come sit down as we delve into the following “Social Media Tips” when managing a school or district-related social media account:
- Why do we need to promote our school? We’re doing fine!
- Getting approval from your administrator
- How to select the social media platform to best reach your audience
- Setting up your accounts (using district email)
- Checking student permissions (when publishing students names/photos)
- How to best promote your new social media account
- Frequency of posting: Creating a social media calendar
- Creating engagement: Like, Follow and Share
- How to produce consistent, easily digestible and accessible content
- The “How-To’s” of video production and posting
- How to properly add and edit closed captions to your video content
- Finding your “voice” and “tone”
Our hope is that by the time this workshop wraps up you will feel much more comfortable opening up a social media account that represents your school community. This includes accounts for a school, athletic team, club, program or classroom. You will be amazed at the number of families you reach that were not previously reached through your school website (or teacher page), robocalls, newsletters, email and flyers.
With a consistent posting schedule, your engagement will soar. You will have a brand new way to communicate with students, families and our community which prioritizes content pushed out through social media. There are so many great stories to tell throughout our district, don’t be afraid of using this unique outlet to bring yours to the forefront!
Details with the necessary Zoom information are available in PDEnroller (linked above). Please sign up for this training in PDEnroller prior to its start so everything is properly set up for each user. Should you need additional information, contact Conor Schober at email@example.com.
Teacher Webpage and Web Editor Training
- Monday, August 30 from 1-3 p.m – Sign up in PDEnroller
- Thursday, September 2 from 4-6 p.m. – Sign up in PDEnroller
This training is for Olympia School District teachers and web editors interested in creating, editing and curating content for a teacher website or department webpage.
Details with the necessary Zoom information are in PDEnroller (linked above). Please sign up for this training in PDEnroller prior to its start so everything is properly set up for each user. Each of these virtual training opportunities is approved for Clock Hours and is eligible for TechPD. Should you need additional information, contact Conor Schober at firstname.lastname@example.org