Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
Audrey Perry, Science Teacher, Washington MS and Kaitlin Bishopp, Counselor, Reeves MS
Secondary Summer School was more important than ever this year. Because of COVID, we had an unusual number of secondary students who needed a little help completing their required credits.
Audrey Perry was selected as the Secondary Summer School Coordinator and Kaitlin Bishopp stepped in as the Registrar. Neither Audrey nor Kaitlin had experience with summer school. However, I would never have guessed that based on the quality of work they produced. Both of them were incredibly organized and thorough which made it very easy for us to support them. All told, they helped 379 students expand their learning (more than the past two years combined)!
Additionally, both Audrey and Kaitlin are kind and considerate individuals who were a pleasure to work with all summer.
Great job and thank you, Audrey and Kaitlin!
Submitted by Carrie Blackwell, Student Information System Supervisor
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (email@example.com) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.