Everyday Heroes is a regular feature in this staff blog. Remember to submit names of employees districtwide who have done something deserving of encouragement and praise. Give a shout-out to one of your colleagues at your school or support building and watch for it to appear in an upcoming Everyday Heroes blog post.
Here are our newest honorees:
Miguel Hernandez, Custodian, Capital High School
I would like to nominate Miguel Hernandez of the Capital High School custodial department. As the head custodian, I can tell you that I would not have survived this summer, if it wasn’t for the relentless work ethic of Miguel. He kept things moving forward with a ferocious tenacity that is rarely seen.
His ability to scope out what needs to be done, without being told, is downright magical. We are honored to have him to keep things moving forward.
Submitted by Mark Carras, Head Custodian, Capital High School
How to nominate an Everyday Hero
- Email the Communications and Community Relations Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) a few sentences, and no more than 200 words, about why the person deserves recognition. It’s easiest to write as if speaking directly to the colleague, such as “Thank you for helping with…” or “I really appreciated when you…”
- Write “Everyday Heroes” in the subject heading of the email.
- Include your first and last name as the person submitting the comments.
- Include the first and last name of the OSD employee you are recognizing.
- Include the job title and work location (school or department) of the person you are recognizing.
All submissions will be posted in this blog on a weekly basis and archived each week.
You must be logged in to post a comment.