Do you have a district-issued credit card? Do you travel as part of your job? Do you manage credit cards for your program or school? Do you occasionally check out a procurement/credit card? If so, please read further.
Each October staff fill out their annual employee agreement regarding credit card use. If you use a district-issued credit card, we need you to read and sign this agreement. This year the Acceptable Use Agreement of District-Issued Procurement Card has been updated slightly. With the changing work environment the Washington State Auditor’s Office recommended changes to the agreement that the district uses. Beginning October 1, Skyward will prompt you to complete the 2021-22 SY MOU. This is a requirement to use district procurement cards (credit cards).
- Technology purchases over $40 per item
- Food and Fuel Purchases
- Providing an itemized receipt to credit card custodians
- Failure to follow guidelines may result in termination of credit card privilege
The following attestations have been added to the agreement. Acknowledgement of all items is required to use a district procurement card. New or updated attestations, bold/underline indicates new wording:
- I will not use the card for technology purchases over $40 per item and I will ensure that digital downloaded content will be saved to a district device. (Contact the Technology Department with any questions)
- I will not use the card for gas purchases if I am claiming mileage. Fuel purchases CANNOT be charged on travel or building/department credit cards. (Employees are “reimbursed” for fuel via claiming mileage OR when a district vehicle is in use, the vehicle includes a credit card for associated fuel purchases. Purchasing fuel with the credit card for a pre-approved rental car is OK.)
- I will ensure food/meal purchases are completed in compliance with the district’s Group Meal Policy, including per-diem amounts.
- I understand I am responsible for providing original, itemized receipts for all charges against this card promptly after purchase.
- I understand that failure to adhere to the above district guidelines may result in termination of the district-issued procurement card privilege.
We understand that you may have questions or concerns about the new wording above or any of the others listed on the complete form. Please email email@example.com so that we may answer you directly.
Also remember, the Skyward form process is helpful because we can eliminate paper processing for the employee. However, the Skyward form system is less intuitive than other systems; after you fill out the attestations (double check that all check-boxes are checked), remember to scroll down to look for the “submit” button and click “submit” in two different places.